We've developed the NEW! mote for Google Slides to be easiest, most delightful way to add voice notes to Google Slides. Use mote for Google Slides to...
- Add instructions to a Google Slide
- Add voice over to a Slide that you're sharing
- Impress everyone with your best Harry Styles impression
OK, the last one isn't a recommended use of mote for Google Slides...but why not just try it anyway?
Read this first
One really important requirement for using Mote for Slides is that you are logged into GSuite and into Mote with the same account. This is so that we can save your voice note to your Google Drive, and then insert it automagically into your Slide.
Before you do anything else, check to see that you are logged into Mote (see the Mote menu) and into Google (see your Google Account - as below) with the same email address.
Read this second
If you are having issues with Mote for Slides, there's a 90% chance that this is caused by you not following the instructions in 'Read this first' above!
1. Make sure that you're logged into mote and Google Slides with the same account. For example, if your mote account is your school email address, make sure that you're logged into Google Slides with the same account.
2. Click on the new mote icon in the Slides menu bar
3. Follow the instructions and start recording!
Known questions / issues
If you encounter error messages, please try...
1. Refreshing the page
2. Log out of mote, then log back in. Then refresh the Slides page again.
3. Still not working? Go to www.justmote.me/chrome and remove the mote extension. Then re-install the latest version.
4. For some users, the option to insert audio isn't available. Check your Insert menu - if you don't see 'Audio' as an option on the menu, then mote for Google Slides won't work. This appears to be an intermittent issue for some users.
5. Check that you have edit permissions for the slides document - try inserting text or a shape to confirm.
6. We are aware of an issue with using mote for Google Slides within Google Classroom Private Comments - the audio should be inserted, however it may appear as a grey icon rather than the friendly mote play button. We hope to update this with a fix soon.
7. If you continue to see an 'account mismatch' error message, check out this article
8. If you have other extensions installed within Google Slides (in particular 'Record to Slides') please try disabling that extension to see if that solves your issue.
9. If you've tried everything else, please follow these instructions to help us diagnose your issue:
- Visit www.justmote.me/support/testslides.
- Paste in the URL of the slide that you're trying to use with mote. Please be sure to wait until the Slides page has fully loaded before you grab its URL.
- Copy any error message that is generated into an email and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.