Students don't need the mote extension to access your voice notes on a Chromebook or PC, using Google Classroom, Docs. When you leave a voice note, students will see clickable links in their assignments and/or in their emails, like the ones below.
However, for the best mote experience, we do recommend that students have the mote extension installed on their devices.
If you're a managed Chromebook school, start by adding mote through the admin tool.
Once you've installed mote on student Chromebooks, they'll be able to:
1. Hear and read your voice notes from within Google Classroom, Docs, and other supported applications
2. Respond with a reaction emoji (if supported)
Getting students to use mote
If you'd like to encourage students to respond to you using mote, then they'll also need to login using their Google credentials. Please note that they will not need to be able to receive email - in fact we don't send any emails to minors. Here's how to walk students through logging in.
1. Click the mote 'M' icon in the browser bar (if not visible click the puzzle 🧩 icon then 'pin' mote icon to browser bar.
2. Click to Sign in
3. Select 'I'M 17 OR YOUNGER'
4. Follow the instructions to login using your school-provided Google account. Once logged in, students will be able to record voice notes.