Google Classroom is a very flexible application with lots of different views and elements. We're on a journey to fully support every conceivable use case for mote within Google Classroom, but please bear with us as we work it all out.
In particular, the following aspects of Classroom aren't yet supported: 😕
- 'Share with your class' box on the Classroom stream. We have a work-around - described below...
- Adding voice note comments to pdfs or images within Classroom (these are stored in Drive, and have a different system for commenting). Two workarounds: (1) add private comments to the assignment; (2) create a comment using another application (e.g. Google Docs) and copy/paste the comment into the pdf comment. While it will not render as an audio card, it should still work as intended.
- Assignment instructions for a new assignment
- Providing private feedback simultaneously on multiple assignments
- Using Google Forms, including within Google Classroom.
With that out of the way...here's some examples showing where you can use mote within Classroom 🍎
Document view private comments (for any document including pdfs and images)
Class Stream view: voice note
'Share with your class'
We haven't been able to elegantly implement mote within the 'Share with your class' function just yet. So here's an example of a work-around...